Top 7 Places to Take Pictures In and Around Holmdel, NJ
1. Deep Cut Gardens is located in Middletown, on the border with Holmdel. This is definitely a hidden gem and one of the most beautiful locations in and around Holmdel. It is pretty all year round and is free to enter. It does get a bit busy during warmer months. Commercial photography isn't allowed at the green house and a permit is required for all commercial photography, family sessions included. Definitely visit in May for their rose garden show.
2. Holmdel Park features an Arboretum, a beautiful pond, quite a few Cherry Blossom trees, Magnolias, and of course the Historical Longstreet Farm. Every year I come back here for cherry blossom portraits and again in the fall for beautiful autumn foliage.
3. Union Beach - close and not very busy. Had a small boardwalk and a pier with distant views of Manhattan.
4. Bell Works is a unique destination in the heart of Holmdel. Formerly known as Bell Labs, it's now a busy Metroburb. It features beautiful open spaces, shops, eateries, and even an outdoor terrace. Its beautiful exterior and interior offers lots of opportunities for portraits, both professional and creative. Permission / License is required for all commercial work.
5. Red Bank, Riverside Gardens Park is a beautiful open space with gorgeous views of the Navesink River and adjacent Marinas. Makes for a great background for a portrait.
6. Thompson Park in Middletown is a magnificent property with hundreds of acres to roam through. Lot of trails, greenery, a historical mansion, and a lake. Has quite a few bridges and beautiful trails, easily accessible via car. Gorgeous chestnut trees bloom in May and offer a unique backdrop.
7. Hartshorne Woods Park is one of our favorite places for engagement sessions, specifically the Rocky Point trail. It offers lots of hiking trails, beautiful meadows, several old military bunkers and a small secluded beach with gorgeous scenic views.
Want something even more secluded and special? Ask us about our sunset sailing sessions!
Irene Keselman Photography is a boutique photography studio located in Holmdel, NJ.