Top 7 Places to Take Pictures In and Around Holmdel, NJ
Updated: Mar 14
1. Deep Cut Gardens nestled on the border of Middletown and Holmdel, this garden is a true hidden gem of Central New Jersey. and one of the most beautiful locations in Central New Jersey. With its breathtaking beauty throughout the year and free admission, it's no wonder this garden is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike. Warmer months can get busy, so plan accordingly. It's worth noting that commercial photography is prohibited in the greenhouse, and a permit is required for all professional photography within the garden, including family sessions. One event that should not be missed is the rose garden show in May. Since the below images were taken, the garden has implemented a no tree-climbing policy for the safety and preservation of the area.
2. Holmdel Park is a nature lover's paradise, boasting an Arboretum, picturesque pond, and a stunning array of Cherry Blossom trees and Magnolias. The park is also home to the Historical Longstreet Farm, a must-visit spot for history buffs. As for me, I make it a point to return every year for the breathtaking cherry blossom portraits, and again in the fall to revel in the vibrant autumn foliage.
3. Union Beach - For those seeking a quiet respite from the hustle and bustle and a little less crowds, Union Beach is a great option. Located within close proximity and not heavily trafficked, the beach features a charming boardwalk and a pier with picturesque views of Manhattan in the distance.
4. Bell Works is a one-of-a-kind destination that offers a unique blend of history, innovation, and modernity. Formerly known as Bell Labs, it's now a busy Metroburb. It features beautiful open spaces, shops, eateries, and even an outdoor terrace. Its stunning exterior and interior offers lots of opportunities for both professional and creative portrait photography. The building's sleek and modern design provides the perfect backdrop for any photoshoot, whether you're looking to capture a professional headshot or a creative Instagram post. All commercial photography requires permission and a license from Bell Works. So, if you're a professional photographer looking to use this unique space as a backdrop for your next shoot, be sure to obtain the necessary permissions beforehand.
5. Red Bank, Riverside Gardens Park is a picturesque spot with beautiful open spaces and breathtaking views of the Navesink River and the adjacent marinas. Whether you're a professional photographer looking for a stunning location for your next session, or just someone looking to snap a few pictures of your friends and family, Riverside Gardens Park is sure to impress. The park's scenic beauty and natural charm create an atmosphere of tranquility and relaxation, making it a popular spot for both locals and visitors alike.
6. Thompson Park in Middletown is a magnificent property with hundreds of acres of pristine wilderness, offering plenty of space to roam and take pictures. The park offers a historical mansion, extensive network of trails which wind through lush greenery and a beautiful lake. Several bridges right off the main parking area add to its charm and character. And if you're lucky enough to visit in May, you'll be treated to a breathtaking display of chestnut trees in full bloom, providing a unique and picturesque backdrop.
7. Hartshorne Woods Park is one of our favorite destinations. If you are searching for a scenic spot to capture your engagement photos, consider Hartshorne Woods Park. Be ready to hike though! The Rocky Point trail offers scenic views, beautiful meadows, several old military bunkers and a small secluded beach with gorgeous water views. Did we mention there is an orange bluff area too?!
Want something even more secluded and special? Ask us about our sunset sailing sessions!
Irene Keselman Photography is a boutique photography studio located in Holmdel, NJ.